My First Marathon

Well, Yes I decided to run my first marathon (rather a trial half marthon ;).

My first run @ the Womanathon, Bangalore.

Womanthon is an initiative to run for a women in your life. I took this up for myself and several other women who have inspired me, impacted my life and helped me get better each day.
A celebration!
Pledge to Respect women. A sense of gratitude!

The run had 3 categories 3, 5 and 10K.

As a first timer me along with 3 of my friends took up the 3K run.
Nervous anxiety began with the day. We reached the venue a little before the start of the event. There was a Zumba warm up session to begin with. After the warm up, Sanjana a renowned fitness expert and a prominent actress flagged off the event.



Credits : Mayur Chandranne Photography :) 
Running for the first time is overwhelming! Have fun ;)

The organiser had arranged some refreshments stops midway. An ambulance followed the runner for any emergency.

Some Tips for the first timers from my experience at the run:
  • Yes You Can : It is important to believe you can do it. No excuses just go for it! 
  • Comfortable shoes and clothes : Yes, this is important keep aside the new shoes you just got a week ago. Pick up the one you are comfortable wearing. Choose comfortable track pants and tees.
  • Fill you bag with chocolates : Chocolates serve as instant source of energy and help you gear up when drained and need energy to complete the last mile to the refreshment area.
  • Water with glucose. Helps you be hydrated and beat the scorching heat. 
  • Carry light! Put off your bags while you run.
  • I-pod / phone for music. Don't forget your ear phone!!. You might miss your friend in the crowd but certainly not your favourite song. 
Yaay!! we did it :)

Photo boot after the run ;) Credits : Flash Pockets Photography 



Perhaps you have made a great story today  :)

Special thanks to Mayur Chandranne Photography and Flash Pockets for sharing moments from the marathon day :)



Comments