Turning 25

Birthday are always special. 
Turned 25 this week ;)

A mix of emotions. Fear, admiration satisfaction anxiety wonder passion Love Loneliness. Completing 25 years in this journey of life.... Failing, learning, redoing, trying and trying until its finally done. The cycle has continued for so long. 

It was 11th July again!

25! My day began with happiness on parents faces. The "You are now a big girl!" expressions .

As a child birthday's are the day you look forward to. Gifts, cakes, party with friends, new dress, distributing chocolates in school much more. If you take a step back and recall, the 1st birthday memories of which you probably have only heard off from your parents. Then the 5th birthday when your parents are more excited than you are. May be we were too young to realise the birthday factor. And then we turn 10. We are all excited to enter the double digit club in age. The beginning of the teenage with 13th. So much more celebration and excitement. Soon you realise you turned 18. 
18th birthday! A feeling of adulthood. The excitement. You can now vote.  You think you can do everything you couldn't until now. Little do you realise the beautiful phase of childhood is soon going to fade away.

Even before you realise you are 19, the teenage is gone. Now falls heap of expectations. You are to be more mature. At least act being more mature ;) 
The twenties when you get out of college fall in love. You are expected to become independent.

Oh yes its the 25 th!  OMG! 
 "That something I dint want so soon. I am still young. I am mama's baby. I don't want to turn 25" Well these were the thoughts flowing down my mind.
I began the day with a few close circle of people wishing me. Got ready and set out for work. Well its just another ordinary day I kept telling myself. People around me came to wish me as and when they realised it was my birthday. Lot of people kept asking me why I am at work today and not celebrating this day. Is it not ok to attend work on your birthday I thought ? ;)
After a simple cake cutting and celebration at office.  I was to head home. I thought of leaving early Of course its my birthday and my manger wont stop me today for sure :P 


I am an ice cream freak! Ice cream to me is like a therapy! It makes me relax and rejuvenate. Like a mug of beer does to many. I dint have any close friend around this day to celebrate. I thought of treating myself today! Corner House ? I asked myself. YES!


So I decided to stop by at corner house and order my favourite hot chocolate fudge.
Sat on a table alone and thought of how the journey so far has been,,,,, 
It was 25 years since I starting exploring and living in this beautiful world. I cherished some important moments of life with myself over ice cream. My 10 th birthday with some school friends. 19 th birthday at Mumbai with close family. Some of my past trips with family and friends. 
The day I got my first offer letter. My First day at work. I sat down there and cherished all these important moments with myself. Such a cheerful time it was. Never had I before this day realised spending lonely time with myself be so interesting and fun. 
Came back home to catchup with a few close friends on hangouts. Another round of cake cutting for the little kids around my home.

Few things I would like to cherish from what I learnt in the years
  • Keep it simple - It is one of the best things to do. At work and in life.
  • Yes you Can - There is nothing one cant do in this world. And you really got to believe this.
  • The start is always the hardest. If you overcome the start then you will make it.



Comments