Mahabharat - Geeta Saar

Found an old draft one from the times while I was watching the Mahabharat.
Sometime last December I began watching Mahabharat. The BR Chopra narration of this epic. A story reflecting the Indian history. An epic narration of the Kurukshetra war and the story of a family the Pandavas and Kauravas. 

About 94 episode in total. Each running for about 40 mins. This has been best in terms of everything. 
There isn't a genre that isn't covered in this. From conspiracies to romance ,comedy to war. Drama Fantasy Crime and Adventure of course ;)  It has them all. You must watch or read this to get a feel of what i really mean here. ;)

Bhagavad-gita universally renowned as the spiritual piece of wisdom is also a part of this.

Let me quote my favorite lines from this.
"Karmanye vadhikaraste Ma Phaleshu Kadachana,

Ma Karmaphalaheturbhurma Te Sangostvakarmani"

Meaning you have the right to perform your actions but not entitled to its fruits.

Let not the fruits of action be your motive, nor let your attachment be to inaction. 


I remember talking about Mahabharat and Gita Saar this with a lot of my friends. Especially the verse I share above :) I would force guest who would visit us to watch this with me every evening after dinner. My cousin Amita who visited us last December I am sure remembers watching this with me ;)


Comments